If you are a patient at our practice you can now use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
The NHS App can be used along side existing services such as Patient Access. For more information go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp
Are you ready for pregnancy?
If you are thinking of starting a family take a look at the Planning for Pregnancy tool to make sure you are in tip top condition ahead of your pregnancy.
Please click here to find out more Planning for Pregnancy Poster
Hearing Aid Batteries (May 2019)
You can no longer obtain hearing aid batteries from the main reception in the centre. You can now get batteries from:
- Send a first class stamped addressed envelope to: Audiology Dept, Worcester Royal Hospital, Charles Hastings Way, Worcester, WR5 1DD
- Collect from the shop in the foyer of Worcester Royal Hospital
- Collect from the Cancer Research shop in Droitwich Spa
- Collect from Elbury Moor Medical Centre, Fairfield Close , Worcester, WR4 9TX.
- Collect from Knightwick Surgery, Bromyard road, Worcester, WR6 5PH
Doctor Link (May 2019)
We are trialling a new product called DoctorLink which enables patients to manage their care needs remotely where appropriate.
What is DoctorLink?
DoctorLink provides the ability to seek clinically approved medical advice around the clock. This helps to reduce unnecessary surgery appointments, getting patients to the right place for their clinical need.
- DoctorLink will provide advice on how to best manage your symptoms
- DoctorLink facilitates booking an appointment with the surgery should a clinical consultation be recommended and is suitable for anyone aged 3 and above.
- DoctorLink can be accessed from any laptop, mobile phone or tablet device, 7 days a week from any location
How does it work?
- DoctorLink uses a Symptom Assessment tool to complete triage on patients who access the practice online looking for an urgent/same day appointment. Patients are asked a series of clinical questions based on their concern/illness.
• The practice will receive a copy of the symptom assessment highlighting the required action needed (e.g. day consultation with a GP) and contact you with an appropriate appointment.
• As DoctorLink is accessible 24/7 it is able to cater for both in and out of hours scenarios directing patients to the most appropriate place (pharmacy/dental/GP Service/A&E)
We will be working closely with the providers to manage DoctorLink’s integration into the practice and help patients get signed up. All feedback from the trial will help shape and develop the product ensuring that it is of use for clinicians, practice reception staff and patients.
Follow the link below to register and start using:
Safe and Well Check (May 2019)
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service provide fire safety advice to everyone. A free Safe and Well Check can be carried out for the more vulnerable such as the elderly, people
living alone and those with reduced mobility.A Safe and Well Check is a FREE home safety visit that is tailored to an individual’s needs. If you require any further information regarding a Safe and Well Check or if you would like to see if you qualify for a visit, please contact us on 0800 032 1155 or email@example.com
Worcester Health & Care Trust Telephone numbers (March 2019)
The telephone number for the main desk in the centre has been discontinued. It has been replaced with telephone numbers for the individual teams. They are:
District Nurse or Neighbourhood Team Tel: 01905 681023 or 681024
Physiotherapy Team Tel: 0300 790 0599, between 8:30-12:30
Podiatry Team Tel: 01905 681001
Free Basic Life Support Training at Droitwich Medical Centre
Droitwich AED are running free Basic Life Support training for members of the public.
If you are interested in receiving this training or have any questions please do not contact the surgery but please email Peter Richards at Droitwich.AED@gmail.com or mobile 07957214101