Please note we are unable to accept telephone requests for medication.
Medication can be ordered via Patient Access, our front desk, requests can be posted to the practice or you can telephone your nominated chemist.
IMPORTANT: our REPEAT ONLINE PRESCRIPTION service is changing
The current method of requesting your online prescription has been discontinued. Please visit the surgery to obtain your registration letter for the new service called Patient Access. We require you to bring 2 forms of ID with you one of which should be photo ID.
Once registered you will be able to:
- Request and track a repeat prescription
- Send a message with your request
- Read information about your medication
- View your medication history
- And update your change of details
Please note once you have registered for Patient Access the practice does not store your password or security questions. If you need to reset these please click on Help on the Patient Access homepage. The practice can only reset your account. This requires you to provide a further copy of your ID to our reception desk.
Electronic Prescribing Service
The practice offers a service called Electronic Prescribing Service (EPS). This is a free service which enables prescriptions to be sent electronically to a nominated chemist.
Please contact your chemist for more information and to enrole.
The benefits of EPS
- If you collect your repeat prescription from your GP you will not have to visit your GP practice to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, your GP will send it electronically to the place you choose, saving you time.
- You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
- You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as there will be time for your repeat prescription to be ready before you arrive.
Here is a brief leaflet which your chemist will explain in more detail.
Medisafe is an app you can download. It helps you manage and take your medication on time. Whether you use Android, iPhone, or a smart watch, Medisafe is your digital reminder companion – it will never let you forget your next dose. Add a Medfriend who will be alerted in case you do slip and they too can help keep you on track.
It can allow your family, friends & caregivers to be alerted as to whether or not you took your medication.
For more information visit www.medisafe.com
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.