Hearing Aid Batteries (May 2019)
You can no longer obtain hearing aid batteries from the main reception in the centre. You can now get batteries from:
- Send a first class stamped addressed envelope to: Audiology Dept, Worcester Royal Hospital, Charles Hastings Way, Worcester, WR5 1DD
- Collect from the shop in the foyer of Worcester Royal Hospital
- Collect from the Cancer Research shop in Droitwich Spa
- Collect from Elbury Moor Medical Centre, Fairfield Close , Worcester, WR4 9TX.
- Collect from Knightwick Surgery, Bromyard road, Worcester, WR6 5PH
Doctor Link (May 2019)
We are trialling a new product called DoctorLink which enables patients to manage their care needs remotely where appropriate.
What is DoctorLink?
DoctorLink provides the ability to seek clinically approved medical advice around the clock. This helps to reduce unnecessary surgery appointments, getting patients to the right place for their clinical need.
- DoctorLink will provide advice on how to best manage your symptoms
- DoctorLink facilitates booking an appointment with the surgery should a clinical consultation be recommended and is suitable for anyone aged 3 and above.
- DoctorLink can be accessed from any laptop, mobile phone or tablet device, 7 days a week from any location
How does it work?
- DoctorLink uses a Symptom Assessment tool to complete triage on patients who access the practice online looking for an urgent/same day appointment. Patients are asked a series of clinical questions based on their concern/illness.
• The practice will receive a copy of the symptom assessment highlighting the required action needed (e.g. day consultation with a GP) and contact you with an appropriate appointment.
• As DoctorLink is accessible 24/7 it is able to cater for both in and out of hours scenarios directing patients to the most appropriate place (pharmacy/dental/GP Service/A&E)
We will be working closely with the providers to manage DoctorLink’s integration into the practice and help patients get signed up. All feedback from the trial will help shape and develop the product ensuring that it is of use for clinicians, practice reception staff and patients.
Follow the link below to register and start using:
Safe and Well Check (May 2019)
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service provide fire safety advice to everyone. A free Safe and Well Check can be carried out for the more vulnerable such as the elderly, people
living alone and those with reduced mobility.A Safe and Well Check is a FREE home safety visit that is tailored to an individual’s needs. If you require any further information regarding a Safe and Well Check or if you would like to see if you qualify for a visit, please contact us on 0800 032 1155 or email@example.com
Computer fun at the Heriotts for the 55+ (April 2019)
Have your family given you or do you have a digital gadget that you would like to find out more about. If you are aged 55+ please come along for a 1 to 1 session with one of the local digital champions and see how to have fun! It is every Monday from 09:30 to 11:30, just drop into the Herriots in Droitwich.
Mood Master Courses (April 2019)
The Mood Master course provides CBT-based talking therapies, designed to enhance your mental health and help you control your emotions.
Weekly meetings are based in Droitwich, and are designed to help you deal with troublesome emotions and give positive, structured sessions to help make your life more enjoyable!
This course will run for 12 weeks starting Monday the 13th May to 5th August (excluding bank holidays) 10:15am-12:15pm at Corbett Medical Practice, 36 Corbett Avenue, Droitwich WR9 7BE. Any queries please contact: Sara Evans 01905 844328 and please go online to book a place www.worcestershire.gov.uk/courses
Worcester Health & Care Trust Telephone numbers (March 2019)
The telephone number for the main desk in the centre has been discontinued. It has been replaced with telephone numbers for the individual teams. They are:
District Nurse or Neighbourhood Team Tel: 01905 681023 or 681024
Physiotherapy Team Tel: 0300 790 0599, between 8:30-12:30
Podiatry Team 0300 123 7019, between 9:00-12:30 & 13:00-15:00
Free Basic Life Support Training at Droitwich Medical Centre
Droitwich AED are running free Basic Life Support training for members of the public.
If you are interested in receiving this training or have any questions please do not contact the surgery but please email Peter Richards at Droitwich.AED@gmail.com or mobile 07957214101